by Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac ~
Why do you think people around you are so lucky and you never seem to be? Part of the problem could be how you choose to look at your “lack of luck”. This is usually where the problem lies. The old adage “energy follows thought” plays a big role in how you choose to see what is lucky and what is not. Discover the 7 tips for turning your luck around!
1. The expression of confidence is a definite component of luck. Confidence can best be classified as a subset of optimism. There is nothing more beautiful than a confident person. Gaining confidence is easy, when you put your mind to it. It is the most attractive and powerful trait we can have. We are drawn to those who are confident and sure of themselves. This often plays a hand in how lucky we can be.
2. Networking in one form or another, is like planting seeds. Seeds of good intention and therefore, seeds of good luck. As you never know when the seeds will sprout, grow and express themselves as a good lead, a client that shows up at your door, or a referral from someone else, who was in your networking circle.
3. Preparation , practice, and study. The motto of the Boy Scouts is “be prepared”. This idea, when actually executed prior to a crisis, can literally mean the difference between life and death. In less extreme circumstances it can mean the difference between a comfortable and interesting life, and a mediocre, painful, and boring one. Preparation in life is like creating a safety net. It gives you a head start or allows you to be aware of a current or future situations.
4. Putting fear aside is often essential to good fortune. Our bodies have a fight or flight response. A certain amount of fear/stress is normal and allows us to avoid dangerous situations. It also helps improve our performance and gets us motivated to act. Fear holds you back and locks you in a cage, if you allow it. What are your really afraid of?
5. Risk-taking can be either voluntary or not, but just as you must usually pass through a doorway to gain access to a new environment, you must usually take a risk to find or exploit new opportunities. Risk accompanies virtually every breath and step we take in this world. It’s a part of living.
6. Timing is sort of the metaphysical correlate to the modern maxim that “location, location, and location” are the three most important aspects to real estate values. If a person could fully exploit the timing of events, even just in the daily circumstances of our own lives, we could in many cases, accomplish amazing things.
7. Self-discipline. Mastering your own life through discipline is essential for bringing luck into your life. Self discipline is committing to a task one day at a time. Self discipline brings awareness. Awareness brings change. Change helps us to understand fluidity. When you are more fluid with your thinking, you are more able to see the great luck you are given… daily.