by Andrew Pacholyk MS, L.Ac ~
The mere fact that crystals are placed in an environment suggests to the subconscious mind that healing, on some subliminal level, has already begun. When crystals are placed in a room, they will automatically charge that area with energy.
They will also absorb and ionize that energy in the area, which is negative. The clearing, focusing, radiating beauty aspects of a crystal, work regardless if someone is aware of these traits or not. These are the amazing elements of a crystal’s power. To disperse this energy outward is one of its true gifts. It is even more astonishing when we are aware of it!
Choosing a place for your crystals can be done by using your instincts, placing them in your meditation room, alter or sacred space, or placing them in a room that you can benefit from their metaphysical properties.
Cleansing your crystals can be done by placing a teaspoon of sea salt into a bowl of luke warm water. Make sure the salt is dissolved, then place your crystals in the water for twenty four hours. Find more about cleansing your crystals here.
Below you will find crystals that are used to clear an environment:
Amber is used to clear the energy in any environment. This ancient petrified resin (possibly pine tree)has electromagnetic properties. Great for past life work and weight gain. Opens solar plexus chakra for mental clarity. Excellent detoxification and protection from radiation, especially x-rays, sun, computers, airport, planes and others’ energies. Can add stability to your life. Helpful in clearing up depression and bringing about a positive mental state. Also useful as a memory aid. Amber should be cleansed after being used for healing to dispense the negative energy it has absorbed.
Known as the natural detoxer, this crystal has been used for centuries for addiction, better sleep and for purifying the energy around someone who has negative thoughts or actions. Amethyst is a deep violet, which resonates beautifully with the Third Eye Chakra and Crown Chakra. It’s Universal energy is considered a hierarchy of pure resonating molecules of quartz and iron. This is a stone of transformation, spirituality and dream recall. Amethyst promotes inner peace.
Clear Quartz is thought to amplify both body energy and thoughts. It can assist in the creation of power, clarity of thinking, meditation, cleansing, clearing the aura, spiritual development and healing. Quartz Points are considered the “stone of power”.
This crystal is the most recommended stone for grounding and is associated with the Root Chakra, by encourages ones survival instincts and is centering. Hematite condenses scattered feelings, turns fuzziness into mental clarity, enhances concentration, memory, practicality, helps those who study, do bookkeeping, detailed work and helps with sound sleep. Hematite is known to deflect negativity. It restores equilibrium, stability and is also used for astral protection. It brings our awareness back to the body and helps one maintain their sense of self. Use this stone to clear other stones of negative energy. Place a handful of hematite in a bowl and place the crystals you want cleansed on top of them for 24 hours.
This is a brilliant form of quartz that allows for clear thinking. It promotes detoxification, psychic clarity, spiritual visions and connections and opens the Chakra. These clear crystals closely resemble diamonds but, are really Quartz. This stone helps you choose a direction to follow that will offer the path of least resistance. They contain a store of ecological memory that can be utilized by a person who can tune into the energy. Can also guide you in remembering your own past-life experiences.
This is a magnificent faceted crystal, which will fill your any room with rainbows! Austrian crystals are one of the principal objects used to clear energy blockages in the ancient Chinese art of placement. Place in window or an area where light will hit and refract into beautiful rainbows!
Engaging with Your Stones
- It is important to cleanse your stones and crystals in the proper way (see link above)
- Utilize them in a loving and respectful way.
- Hold the crystals up to heart level. With your deep and sincere intention, state your purpose for your stones and what you wish of them.
- Use one stone to carry with you to cleanse and sense the space around you.
Use two crystals in any room that you wish a relationship to be cleansed, cleared and strongly defined.
Use three crystals as a Holy Trinity to bless a space. Place them on your altar, in your meditation room. front door or any space that is Sacred to you.
Use four crystals as a box or “square of protection” in the four corners of your house or one room. Place them around your home on the four corners of the outside of your house.
Use five or more crystals to create a circle. One of the most powerful shapes in the Universe, a circle is a bond or never-ending connection to entice good energy in and negative energy away.
- Use a stone in the center of the circle as a Master Stone. This master stone is a crystal you chose according to its metaphysical properties and how it can help you. For healing, initiate a cleansing or blessing by writing a person’s name on a piece of paper. Place the paper under your Master Stone in the center of your circle. You can state your intention by either speaking it, saying a prayer or asking the Universe for exactly what you want done to help this person cleanse their energy/spirit/consciousness.
- The wonderful thing about crystals is that they are there to support a situation or healing practice. You embody them with an intention or purpose, state the intention and then let it go. It is the Universe that does the rest. And remember, it does this on Universal time (not your time!) So, be patient.
- When you are finished with your task, be sure to cleanse your crystals so that they are ready for the next use.