by Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac
A crystal elixir or gem essence combines the energy of your crystal that is infused in either water or oil. It is often placed in the sun in order for the crystal to imbue the water or oil with the crystal’s energy or Qi and then the decoction is used for healing and anointing.
What You Need
1. A glass container filled with about 12 ounces of water. If you are going to be placing your essence outside be sure to cover it. Any container you use should be cleansed well.
2. Distilled water is preferable because it’s free of mineral content.
3. A crystal, which should be cleansed in salt water before being used. If you’re going to make an essence, which combines more than one crystal, you can put them in the same container.
Sit quietly in meditation for a few minutes before preparing your essence. It’s usually not a good idea to prepare a mixture when you’re upset, agitated, or in a hurry to do something else.
1. If the temperature is above freezing you can put the water outside. Leave it there for 24 hours (it doesn’t matter if you leave it there longer). If it’s below freezing put the water in a sunny place in your house.
2. Take the crystals out of the water with clean tongs. Pour a small quantity of the water into a one-ounce amber dropper bottle. This is considered the mother tincture. If you are not alcohol-sensitive put in a teaspoon of brandy to preserve it or put in the refrigerator. (During cold weather this isn’t necessary. The brandy is mainly for the purpose of preserving this tincture for a year). Store the remainder of the essence in the refrigerator.
3. I recommend taking 8 drops of the essence under the tongue 3-4 times a day. It is best to take it before, rather than after, a meal. How long to take the mixture is up to what you are treating and how you feel.
4. To use this tincture externally, fill a 4 oz spray bottle or mister half full with plain distilled water. Then fill the other half of the bottle with the tincture you have made. Turn the bottle over a few times to blend the tincture and distilled water together.
5. Spray over yourself or patient. Hold the bottle about a foot away from yourself and mist your aura energy around you.
6. Gem essences are safe enough to use with children, pets and plants, too.
Gem essence work in harmony with the body by interacting with our bio-sheath and are natural and self-adjusting. When crystals are activated by natural sunlight, they transfer their vibrational signature into water, creating a remedy that is safe, effective and used in conjunction with all modalities of healing.
Stones not to be used
Never use stones that can flake off into a tincture. Avoid using stones in the Mica family. Avoid using soft stones that may leach powder or stones that are porous. Avoid using dyed stones.
To use these softer stones, you can certainly use the double boiler method and place a glass bowl with the stone only (no water) within another bowl with water. The sun transfers the energy from the stone, into the water in the bowl beneath it.