by Andrew Pacholyk MS, L.Ac ~
Compiled for a journey I experienced on the Fourth of July, 2011, you will find some of the most patriotic and empowering music created for the celebration of our country’s birthday! I am always enamored by the way music can change a situation by adding its color, power and reverence. Music creates an additional layer of emotion and spirit to an otherwise, different experience! As the musical tempo and crescendo built with the fireworks, I could feel the enthusiasm from the crowd. I also found it incredible that as certain songs would transition into the next, people would react, as the song was familiar to them. They may not have known it was the 1812 Overture or that a song was by John Philip Sousa, yet it was a familiar and recognizable tune that everyone, collectively seemed to relate to! I have gathered together some of the most beloved music for the Fourth of July. I hope you add them to the playlist of your life! I call this playlist,
Patriotic Songs For The 4th of July!
1. Star Spangled Banner, Charlie Daniels Band
2. America, The Beautiful, Frank Sinatra.
3. Hail Columbia, 119th NYSV Field Music.
4. Dixie – Civil War Fife And Drum March, Patriotic Fathers.
5. Battle Hymn Of The Republic, Patriotic Fathers.
6. You’re A Grand Old Flag, Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
7. George M. Cohan Medley: Yankee Doodle Boy , Broadway Quartet.
8. When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again, Sun Harbor Chorus.
9. This Land Is Your Land, Woody Guthrie.
10. God Bless The U.S.A., Lee Greenwood.
11. Born In The U.S.A., Bruce Springsteen
12. The Stars And Stripes Forever, Boston Pops Orchestra.
13. The Armed Forces Medley, United States Marine Band.
14. The Caissons Go Rolling Along, The Band Of The Grenadier Guards.
15. The Official West Point March, United States Army Band.
16. God Bless America, Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
17. Ragged Old Flag, Johnny Cash.
18. Only In America, Brooks & Dunn
19. American Soldier, Toby Keith
20. Firework, Katy Perry
21. Semper Fidelis, New York Philharmonic·
22. Colonel Bogey March, New York Philharmonic
23. Ode to Joy Symphony No 9, London Symphony Orchestra
24. 1812 Overture, Op. 49, New York Philharmonic
25. 50 Patriotic Songs Music for the 4th of July, Altissimo