by Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac
A crystal elixir or gem essence combines the energy of your crystal that is infused in either water or oil. It is often placed in the sun in order for the crystal to imbue the water or oil with the crystal’s energy or Qi and then the decoction is used for healing and anointing.
What You Need
1. A glass bottle with a roll on top or perfume spritzer.
2. Sunflower, safflower, jojoba, canola oil are good to use because they are either light oils or are very stable oil (jojoba).
3. A crystal, which should be cleansed in salt water before being used. If you’re going to make an elixir, which combines more than one crystal, you can put them in the same container. These crystals will stay in the bottle with the ingredients.
3. You can also consider using the appropriate herbs in this elixir. Lavender, chamomile, thyme, basil, orange rind, lemon rind, rose buds are all great choices depending on what you are making the elixir for. You can also choose these same or other scents in essential oils.
Enjoy a peaceful meditation for a few minutes before preparing your essence. Focus your intention on what you are achieving. It’s usually not a good idea to prepare essence when you’re pre-occupied, agitated, angry or upset.
1. Add your crystals to the bottle.
2. Add the oil, about ¾ full. Add the herbs, if you wish.
3. Place the mixture in the sun for 2-3 hours. The sunlight will charge the oil with the crystal vibrations and enhance the oil with the herbal energies.
4. Bring it back indoors. We often reiki-charge the oil or you can hold the oil at your heart level and say a positive affirmation or intention for using your elixir.
5. If you are adding essential oils, add them at the very end.
Turn the bottle over a few times when you are ready to use it. Roll the elixir on your pulse points at the wrist, neck, top of feet and two inches from the groin on either side.
Stones not to be used
Never use stones that can flake off into a tincture. Avoid using stones in the Mica family. Avoid using soft stones that may leach powder or stones that are porous. Avoid using dyed stones.
To use these softer stones, you can certainly use the double boiler method and place a glass bowl with the stone only (no water) within another bowl with water. The sun transfers the energy from the stone, into the water in the bowl beneath it.