by Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac ~
Greater personal fulfillment. This should really be the “full name” for happiness. Research by the Journal of Positive Psychology found that meaningful experiences, even if they were due to hard work or some stress, added up to stronger, personal relationships, making a positive difference and better self-expression for one’s own personal satisfaction (and happiness). As opposed to fleeting, less connected moments of joy or short term goal fulfillment. Another words, happiness comes from the long term goals of self awareness, making a difference in other’s lives and those things, which give us a sense of purpose!
What ever your idea of happiness, research has found that a great deal of unhappiness stems from negative thoughts. That is, not acknowledging what you have that is important in your life or mentally blocking yourself from the gratitude, humility and self-love or appreciation, that really shows you what happiness is, probably because you are too focused on negative thoughts.
1. The Power of Positive Thinking Negativity is the root that undermines our happiness. The negative ideas we think can manifest in the words we speak. The minute the words leave your lips, is the minute they manifest. Change your thoughts to positive, uplifting ones. Think hope not hopelessness. Think goodness, not evil. Think joy not despair. Energy follows thought. Program thought to be positive and your energy will reflect it!
2. Networking with those who have a good outlook on life. Do not be around others who are negative, self serving or do not know how to express genuine kindness.
3. Affirmations, are a positive word, expression or term to guide us and give us reassurance. “I am happy”, “nothing will deter my happy thoughts, today”, “I am full of joy”. These are all great affirmations to live by.
4. Happiness is a long lasting enduring enjoyment of life. It is being in love with living. Happiness is your reward for achieving good character and personal, rational values in life. Some important values are a productive career, romance, friendship and hobbies. Achieving these values requires rationality and takes effort and skill.
5. Learn Your Happiness Skills Two types of skills you can use are thinking skills and valuing skills. Learn to have confidence in your own mind and discover the virtues that make it possible for you to achieve your values, which make your life worth living, then you will experience the result.
6. The Metaphysics of Happiness has everything to do with our belief system. Belief is one of our most powerful assets. With the ability to believe, you can accomplish nearly anything! The more you believe in yourself, the more you will definitely accomplish. Happiness comes to those who BELIEVE THEY ARE HAPPY! It’s just as simple as that. When we face situations that are near physical or mental impossibilities, then it is our belief system, or belief in ourselves, that determines IF it is possible.
7. Our Belief System is one of the major factors that can get us through situations or can cause our life to crumble around us! How we “program” ourselves to see our real happiness, shows us just how happy we are.
8. Our self-confidence and self-love are often the key to opening and strengthening this portion of our thoughts which in turn emanates from ourselves, which in turn allows happiness to find us!
9. Really appreciating what we DO have as opposed to what we would like to have, makes a significant difference. This is always an important element in a happy person that is often neglected.
10. Find happiness in simplicity and you will find the greatest joys yet revealed to you. Smile when you talk on the phone. Great everyone you pass by or meet today, with a smile. Appreciate the smell of the air, the warmth of the sun and the laughter in children. Make that your happiness.
Andrew is a life coach, acupuncturist and “life enthusiast” practicing in New York City for 20 years. He has written numerous books, course and articles on life’s little lessons. Experience more of his work, at https://www.peacefulmind.com