||Your Daily Bread
||More crumbs of wisdom
In this complex and fast-paced world we live in, many are searching for "alternative answers". Ways to make us a better person to others, as well as, a "whole person" to ourselves.
We have a strong desire to understand our place in life. As our knowledge and
communication improves, we look to many different philosophies, cultures, and belief
systems for these answers. We now see many of the Western cultural ideas mixed with the Eastern cultural practices, as well as, the ancient mixed with the modern, creating new understandings, new therapies, new insights. Alternative, Complementary, Holistic medicines and beliefs are a numerous collection of
theories and practices. There is much to be learned from the healing philosophies and
techniques of other cultures. Our bodies are natural healing machines that can do
unbelievable things! It is important to pay attention to the innate ways of nature and encourage the body's own healing mechanisms.
It is amazing how powerful a personal philosophy can be. How trusting your own insights can guide you to the best decisions. Turn challenges into opportunities. Ultimately lead you to greater prosperity and peace of mind. You will find that it actually takes very little time to incorporate these ideas and simple exercises into your everyday life. Andrew offers a unique and personal path to developing, understanding, and demonstrating your own inner wisdom.
If you would like to bring the power of a personal philosophy into your life, browse these pages, educate yourself, and learn how you can use your own knowledge to become a better,stronger, and more balanced human being.
Each of us seek to find something new which will take us to the next level in our lives. As humans, we constantly need something to believe in, have faith in, and have hope for. It could be from the simplest pleasures of having a good day to the beginning of a new relationship, good health, or self-balance. Believing, hoping, and having faith that we will find what we seek is the life-thread which keeps us going to the next minute, the
next day, the following year.
Balance. This is the bottom line. We strive all our lives to keep in balance. Our emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual being. When we are balanced, our "whole" self works in conjunction with all our other elements. When we are not in balance, we allow ourselves to be more susceptible to illness or dis-ease. Keeping this delicate balance is up to you! ...In order to maintain harmony and balance, the tools have been provided here.
We can strive for balance within ourselves and everywhere we look. Consider how our bodies re-balance as the seasons change , how a women's menstrual cycle is similar to the moon and how our birth, life and death cycles are related to the cycles of nature.
The proponents of Yin and Yang shows us how everything is relative to it's opposite. Learn how homeostasis can be detected in the energy of our Chakra centers and auric field.
The premise of the natural health movement is that a person with a healthy, fully functional immune system is able to withstand any viral attack, irregardless of how
virulent that virus may be. It is only when a person's immune system is compromised
through toxic poisoning, injury, lack of water or nutrition that virulent virus strains
are able to overpower the body.
The U.S. Surgeon General's Report on Nutrition and Health (1997) says that half of all deaths in the U.S. can be attributed to poor eating habits. This includes eating foods which contain toxic elements, and/or foods with little or no nutritional value. See Food As Medicine .
The key to personal health lies with each of us individually. Modern science and government programs play a legitimate role in society. But until we stop our dependence on government and health authorities to protect us against disease out-breaks and take personal responsibility for our own health, plagues and health disasters will always be a threat.
Following a preventative regime of good, nutritional food, exercise, stress management, vitamins, and a positive, strong, centered belief system can protect and shield your family better than any known preventative medical modality. But only you can make that decision. The question is not whether or not this regime works, but rather...when will you make a commitment to them.
1.Physical Health: Our physical health occurs in a combination of mental, emotional, and spiritual health. While there is no guarantee of a physical cure, what is ALWAYS available to us, is a sense of wholeness, affirming life, and living fully.
2.Art and Science: The science of healing is reaching out for the best that medical science has to offer. The art of healing is reached within, to mobilize our own internal resources for healing.
3.The Healing System: The body has its own natural ability to heal. In certain situations, surgery or drugs maybe life saving, but it is the internal healing system that allows ultimate life. When we fully accept and express all parts of ourselves (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual body) the healing process is strengthened and the optimal healing can happen.
4. Activating the Healing System: It is our own participation in our own healing that fully accesses the healing system. This requires that we develop a passionate involvement with our life. That we find the meaning in illness and in health. Healing, in its essence, is an adventure in self discovery.
5. Achieving Optimal Health: This requires us to look beneath the surface at the lifestyles we choose, the belief systems and attitudes we hold, and the choices we make about our spirituality, our inner life, our relationships with self and others, and our sense of purpose and meaning in life.
Would you like to improve your health? Better your life? Be who you are suppose to be? We sometimes stray from these very simple facts that can make our lives the most fulfilled. Consider these ideas:
1. Visit your Alternative healthcare practitioner at least once a month.
Alternative medicine is one of the most comprehensive medical systems in the world today. This medicine looks at the entire individual on a functional systemic basis that integrates all components of our mental, visceral and emotional bodies. See your local practitioner for preventative and maintaining good health as well.
2. Eat Nutritionally Sound Food.
A balanced diet with the appropriate amounts of protein, carbohydrates, fats and water is essential for sustaining a well fueled body which will allow you to do everything in your life to it's greatest potential.
3. Exercise and Move Your Body.
Movement has been shown to ease depression, increase flexibility, keep muscles toned and help us to gain better balance. Movement also increases endorphins. The "happy" chemical in our brain that allows us to think clearer, function optimally and feel great!
4. Get "good" sleep.
Everybody is different with the amount of sleep they need. The one thing that is most important is not necessarily the quantity of sleep but the quality we get. A sound night's sleep allows our entire body to regenerate, replenish and rebound back into a day that is full of life and energy.
5. Welcome the Power of Nature.
"Going back to our roots" can also mean becoming in touch again with nature. The power of the sea, sun, trees and plants have an energy they are willing to share with us. All we have to do is pay attention!
6. Learn to Love!
Take the time to pay attention, appreciate and love the one you're with. Be them friends, family or your partner, learn to love unconditionally and without expectation.
7. Strengthen your Support.
Your family and your friends are the ones who are there for you when you need them the most. Take the time to listen to them, share stories, show appreciation for what they do for you and what they do for people around them. Tell them. Let them know you. Learn to love them for who they are, not what you want them to be.
8. Stay Spiritual.
Giving thanks to the Universe/Ultimate Power/Godhead is powerful.
Religion is a bridge to spirituality. You don't have to go to a church or synagogue in order to be spiritual. Spirit is everywhere. Spirit is energy and it is in all things. The best part is being aware of it.
9. Keep Growing and Laughing
Keeping the brain stimulated is one of the best ways we can fight off the signs of aging. Stay curious, creative and learn something new about the world. It is essential to keep maintaining a playful spirit and to keep the mind sharp! Find laughter throughout the day. See things on the lighter side of life. I promise, it will bring great joy.
10. Honor Who You Are.
You are the most powerful, successful and happiest. You deserve all that you desire and should honor all that you are. Find the complete and satisfied soul inside yourself. You are without a doubt, an amazing person. Take time to honor that.
Food as medicine is the mantra. What we eat, certainly shows who we are. Aspects of one's diet can lead to disease or to better one's health. In a session with Andrew, options can be discussed on an individual case basis in order to promote healing and longevity. Book your nutritional consultation with Andrew. Learn more about food as medicine and Andrew's Full Spectrum Diet.
1. Sleep. That wonderful but sometimes elusive state of bliss and rejuvenation! I think it is most important to go to sleep with a "quiet mind". Sometimes this is difficult to do. We all have trouble now and then. Sometimes, we are even afraid of knowing that we have to go to sleep.
2. Fear can be an underlining problem in many cases. There are many ways to quiet the mind. Doing 15 to 30 minutes of meditation or yoga can be very helpful. You must allow yourself to be distracted or get into your meditation or yoga and "let go" of the days thoughts...see Yoga/Meditation.
3. Try tiring yourself out during the day, so that by the time you are ready for bed you are yearning for that pillow! Try exercise during the day to exhaust the muscles and mind. The moving is good when we are depressed too! It gets the blood flowing and makes us move past many issues. Pack your day with lots to do. Errands, class, shopping...whatever you can find to keep you busy.
4. Single herbs such as valerian root, hops, or passion flower are wonderful, natural sleep assistanting herbs.
Herbal tea, half hour before bed, is wonderful for relaxing the digestive system if you are nervous or upset. Chamomile is great for this as well as Kava and Hops. Try brewing these herbs seperate or even together for a wonderful prescription for sleep! See herbal remedies
5. Reading a book before bed is also good. This can direct your mind to a different place.
6. Diffusing essential oils of Lavender, Chamomile, or Clary Sage are all wonderful to induce a relaxed state and the soothing scents will calm your senses. See Aromatherapy
7. If you are taking a pain killer, be careful for many pain relievers actually have caffiene in them. Perhaps you may want to consider Willow Bark for pain.
8. Remember, we choose our thoughts, our thoughts do not choose us. Believe that this is so. To Believe is a powerful thing. The Universe supports ALL that WE CHOOSE to Believe. So do not torture your mind with troubled thoughts which will not allow you to sleep and are only distructive in the long run. See Belief Systems.
9. Block out light. To increase the quality of your sleep, research has shown that by blocking out light in your bedroom, you can improve your sleep pattern. If you can see your hand in front of your face, after the lights are off, then it is light enough to affect melatonin production. Melatonin is a hormone secreted at night by the pineal gland. The pineal gland is a small organ in the brain sensitive to light levels.
10. Eat Earlier. Eat at least three hours before bedtime. The further away you eat from the time you go to sleep, the better it is for you to have a better night's sleep.
11. Let your pets sleep outside your bedroom. Believe me, they don't need you to fall asleep and the reverse is true. Pets can be restless and are often tossing and turning, getting up and down off the bed throughout the night, disturbing your peaceful sleep pattern.
12. Move the television outside the bedroom. This bright distraction should never be in a place made for peaceful sleep. Period.
13. Use guided imagery or visualization: According to research done in Britian, those who pictured a sunny beach, calm tranquil ocean or lush green garden have been shown to fall asleep 20 minutes faster then those who counted sheep.
14. Skip the acid foods: After eating foods such as tomatos, citrus, and pineapple (especially in juice form) these foods will irritate the lining of the bladder causing night time spasms and pain. You can test your sensitivity to these foods by avoiding them for a week and then add one back every two days after that. The culprit will tend to cause symptoms to come back within 24 hours.
15. If you nap during the day: consider doing it about an hour after lunch and only for 15-30 minutes. You will wake up rejuvenated and it will not effect your sleeping pattern at night.
16. Caffeine: can be a real problem for some people. If that is you, have your last cup around lunch time. It can improve sleep problems by 30% in many people.
17. Keep your hands warm: According to the University of Iowa Sleep Clinic, keeping your hands warm and under the covers will help you to fall asleep faster and also help with fewer nightmares and awaking from them.
18. Choose looser pajamas: This choice alone will help the body's core temperature lower and allow for your body heat to escape (which is a good thing), boosting melatonin production.
19. Consider taking your calcium and magnesium before bed: These two supplements should be taken in divided doses with your first dose in the morning. At night, take 800- 1,000 mg of calcium and 400 mg of magnesium, which will not only help you sleep, but will help you to avoid restless legs and cramping.
20. Give yourself a 5 minute calf massage: you will fall asleep twice as fast when you massage both calves. You can use a little massage cream and massage the calves (one at a time) using both hands, using long strokes upward towards the heart. This stimulates nerve bundles that relax the adrenals and reduce stress hormone production.
Exercise and movement are essential to life. We were not meant to live a sedentary lifestyle. Exercise should play a part in weight maintanence (aerobic), muscle tone(anaerobic) and heart health (aerobic & anaerobic). One of the best remedies for depression, creating happiness and a good mental outlook, is with exercise. Some form of exercise should be done at least 3-4 times a week.
A great overall muscle toner, Chakra (energy) balancer and mind healing exercise is the sun salutation exercise. Learn how to do it as a great part of your yoga therapy.
Learn some of the best ways to Exercise.
Ten Tips To A Fresh Start
1. Mental Cleanse - The Power of Positive Thinking! Negativity is the root that undermines our happiness. The negative ideas we think can manifest in the words we speak. The minute the words leave your lips, is the minute they manifest. Change your thoughts to positive, uplifting ones. Think hope not hopelessness. Think goodness, not evil. Think joy not despair. Energy follows thought. Program thought to be positive and your energy will reflect it!
2. Incorporate Positive Words - Affirmations, are a positive word, expression or term to guide us and give us reassurance. "Today is a new day", "nothing will deter my good thoughts and intentions, today", "I am full of joy". These are all great affirmations to live by.
3. Appreciate Life - Really appreciating what we DO have as opposed to what we would like to have, makes a significant difference. This is always an important element in creating change in a person that is often feeling low.
4. Organ Cleanse - The liver is our master cleansing organ and the gall bladder is its mate. Enjoy a tall glass of water with a 1/2 lemon squeezed into it. The kidneys are our major filter and the bladder is its friend. Boil 4 cups of water and a handful of corn silk. Drink this tea for amazing results. The lungs are our attachment to the breath of life and the large intestines is its buddy. Incorporate deep breathing and exercise (see below) along with a tall glass of psyillium husk to get things moving. The stomach is the center of our 'gut feelings' our immune system center and the spleen is its associate. Eat the cleanest, purest foods, that are the least processed. Enjoy health probiotics found in yogurt and acidophilus. Avoid greasy, fried foods. Your spleen will thank you.
5. Exercise - not with a specific goal in mind. Just sweat. This is one of the best detoxing moves you can make. Exercise is what your body instinctively wants to do especially under stress: fight or flight, and it works. It burns off some of the stress chemicals which tension produces. Therefore, a tired muscle is a relaxed muscle. Regular exercise builds stamina that can help anyone battle stress. But even something as casual as a walk around the block can help you burn off some of the tension that you carrying around.
6. Take Deep Breaths - Sit up, with your back straight in any position. Place your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth and keep it there throughout the exercise. Exhale completely through your mouth. Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four. Hold your breath for a count of seven. Exhale completely through your mouth, to a count of eight. Repeat this cycle three more times for a total of four breaths. Try to do this breathing exercise at least twice a day. You can repeat the whole sequence as often as you wish, but don't do it more than four breaths at one time for the first month of practice. This exercise is fairly intense and has a profound effect on the nervous system.
7. Spirit Cleanse - Our spiritual side is often the least worked on and the least understood. To recognize a power that is greater than our own is to recognize our Spirituality. We understand the mind/body relationship to be inspired by alignment with one's Highest Spiritual Principle and by that awareness we can choose Truth. Surrendering to our higher powers so that your Spirit can orchestrate the infinite correlation of details that are necessary for the manifestation of your desires. (1.) These are the benefits you'll receive when you surrender to a higher power.
8. Meditation - There are many meditation methods. Some are passive -- such as observing the breath. Others are active -- in the sense that you actually do something like repeating a word or mantra. The meditations that you will find here will help you develop on many levels. No matter what style or form you follow, meditation should always be gentle. Do not force anything. Allow your efforts to flow naturally and effortlessly.
9. Music - is a magical medium and a very powerful tool. Music can delight all the senses and inspire every fiber of our being. Music has the power to soothe and relax, bring us comfort and embracing joy! Music subtly bypasses the intellectual stimulus in the brain and moves directly to our subconscious. There is music for every mood and for every occasion. Make a collection of your favorites, now!
10. Wander - Take a trip. Walk around the block, through your neighborhood or through a park. Head to the sea, the hills or a mountain trail. There is a concept (and herbal formula) in Chinese culture referred to as the Free and Easy Wanderer. Walking or simply wandering often allows us to clear our head and free our minds. This allows for the free flow of movement, vital energy or Qi and is extremely therapeutic.
This Wellness I.Q. Test has been provided by Dr. Robert Ivker,president of the American Holistic Medical Association. I thank him.
The purpose of this test is to provide you with a number of methods to enhance your health, and to help you experience being more fully alive. You can complete the test-CLICK HERE .
Study Energy Medicine at Home
The Peacefulmind.com Homestudy Programs make it possible for anyone to study energy medicine at home, on your time!
*The Crystal Light Crystal Therapy Course This incredible course is our biggest and most popular course on the Internet! This is the study of crystals and how to heal with earth's precious gems! Want to know more?
*Crystal Medicine: A Clinical Approach to Healing Mind, Body, Spirit. This is the most complete and definitive guide to working with, understanding and healing through crystal medicine! This specific, easy-to-understand course teaches you techniques, protocols and unique methods to healing on all three levels -mind, body & spirit. Want to know more?
*The Crystal Divination Workbook This is Andrew's NEW workbook, which utilizes the power of crystals for divination purposes! Andrew includes in this workbook: crystal grids, pendulum work and techniques, metaphysical properties of crystals, his Crystal Oracle Cards...and much more! Want to know more?
*The "Color Elite" Color Therapy Certification Course Andrew Pacholyk, MS, L.Ac. has finally published his most complete healing course using the power of color and light therapy. This ultimate guide to chromotherapy teaches you about color and every aspect of it, how it is used in different therapeutic settings and how it has become such a great healing modality, no matter what profession you are in you will learn how to incorporate color into your daily life! Want to know more?
*Chakracology - A Workbook and Manual This workbook format allows you to look at the energy of the Chakra and how they affect us on a daily basis. The book allows you to work through each center on a mental, spiritual, as well as a physical level and then find ways to re-align, balance and manage your energy in a positive way! Want to know more?
*What's Your Heart Telling You? Finding Love and Romance - The Workbook and Journal Andrew Pacholyk, MS, L.Ac. has now published his newest work based on years of personal intimacy, clinical experience, counseling and client research on the ways to navigate love, sex, romance and relationships in a modern day world. Andrew has devised this very thorough workbook and journal with questionnaires, exercises, quotes, tips, meditations, feng shui, aromatherapy, massage and herbal applications for creating the perfect scenario for finding, coping and keeping love in your life! Want to know more?
*The Healing Art of Touch - Massage Therapy Homestudy Learn the art of touch and massage therapy through Andrew's very extensive course. Complete anatomy lessons, varied techniques and amazing information is offered in this course. Also learn the business aspects of massage, how to cope with clients that are difficult and energy transference are just a few of the many topics covered! Want to know more?
*The Feng Shui Journal The Peacefulmind.com Feng Shui Journal makes it possible for you to improve relationships, maximize career potential and enhance your environment! We are honored to offer the Feng Shui Journal for beginner to advanced Feng Shui practitioners. This journal covers an extensive background on Feng Shui techniques history, usage, clearing, cleansing, manifesting and helpful information in order to bring balance back into your life! Want to know more?
*Transitions: The Transformational Guide and Workbook for Creating Great Health This is the culmination of years of Andrew Pacholyk, MS, L.Ac. clinical work. This is a manual you can use, whether you are healthy or ill or somewhere in between and you want to rebalance your mind, body and spirit to become the whole person you can be! This workbook gives you a plan to take care of yourself. It can be used over and over to find balance and keep yourself as healthy as possible. It gives you "tools" to use when and where you need them. It helps to evaluate where you are in your journey and offers ways to get you exactly where you want to be! Want to know more?
*Dynamic Healing Through Guided Imagery The power of visualization and guided imagery is one of our most powerful gifts! A healing tool we all have with in us - the "power of the mind!" We are proud to offer Dynamic Healing Through Guided Imagery for beginner to advanced healers. This course covers an extensive look at, visual and guided imagery techniques, history, usage, and therapeutic work. Want to know more?
*Disclaimer: This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended as
diagnosis, treatment, or prescription of any kind. The decision to use, or not to use, any information is the sole responsibility of the reader.
What is your experience with your own systems in healing? Sharing your own experiences often helps others. We'd love to know in the Peacefulmind Community.
View Shopping Cart/Checkout
Questions? Comments! Order Help? Please Contact Andrew
"Purveyors of Healthy Qi"
buy online or
order by phone
917 843 3623 tel