by Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac ~
A Confidence Journal is a book or record you create to chart progress, make steps to follow and create a journey to building self-confidence. It can be used for writing down experiences you have, words that give you power and help you to work toward your success! This journal ia a good place to record your information so that you can go back and look at later.
Tips for Confidence Journaling
1. Confidence building is about creating balance. Upon waking, pick up your journal and write down a goal for the day . Commit yourself to doing one thing that will take you out of your comfort zone today.
2. It is a good idea to focus on one specific thing that will bring about change today, no matter how awkward it may feel. Be focused.
3. Determination is the key element you must apply to see your goal through today. Be determined.
4. Jot down an affirmation that you will repeat throughout the day “I am willing to take the risk”, “I am proud of myself and will extend my pride even further today”, “I will achieve my new goal today”.
5. Standing up for what you believe in is the sign of a confident person. You can achieve this by having faith in what you choose to set as your goal.
7. Take a look at your negative attributes, write them down. Now, one by one, as you go on your journey, use these as a check list you will conquer.
8. Take a look at your positive attributes. These are your strengths you will use as tools to take you further and create the confident person you choose to be.
9. Reflect on your past successes. Use these as stepping stones in order to reach your goal. You have done it before and you will do it again.
10. As you inspire yourself and build your self-confidence, you inspire confidence in others. This natural progression is one of the most rewarding gifts you can receive.
“Gaining the confidence of others is one of the key ways in which a self-confident person finds success.”