by Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac ~
An Empowerment or Strength Journal is a book or record you create to chart progress, make steps to follow and create a journey to building strength. It can be used for writing down experiences you have, words that give you strength and help you to work toward your success! This journal ia a good place to record your information so that you can go back and look at later.
Tips for Power Journaling
1.Strength building is about creating balance. Upon waking, pick up your journal and write down a goal for the day. Commit yourself to doing one thing that will empower you today.
2. It is a good idea to focus on one specific thing that will bring about change today, no matter how awkward it may feel. Be focused. Identity: Make a list of traits/strengths that people identify with you. Then make a list of traits/strengths that you identify as yourself.
3. Determination is the key element you must apply to see your goal through today. Be determined Be strong. How do you act according to your decisions? How is your will independant?
4. Jot down an affirmation that you will repeat throughout the day “I am a brilliant, strong life force today”, “I am proud of myself and will extend my pride even further today”, “I will achieve a strong new goal today”. “I feel empowered to…”
5. Standing up for what you believe in is the sign of a confident person. You can achieve this by having faith in what you choose to set as your goal.
7. Take a look at the people or situations that TAKE AWAY yourstrength, write them down. Now, is the time to realize what, when and who disempower you. These are the people or areas of your life you need to detach from.
8. Take a look at your positive attributes. These are your strengths you will use as tools to detach from your disempowering situations and take you further and create the powerful person you choose to be.
9. Reflect on your past empowering times. Use these as stepping stones in order to reach your goal. You have done it before and you will do it again.
10. As you inspire yourself and build your self-esteem, you inspire confidence in others. This natural progression is one of the most rewarding gifts you can receive. Write down 10 items, people, places… which inspire, empower and give you life. How do these inspirations figure into your life. How will you use these as tool to bring out the most potential and radiant you?
“Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. ” – Mahatma Gandhi