by Andrew Pacholyk, MS. L.Ac ~
We expect things in life. We expect things to be as they were in our childhood, the way we were brought up. We expect things to be the way we want them to be, the way we feel things should be. We expect things to be the way we want them to be in our love life, our careers, our families, our vacations and our relationship with others.
“The greater you expect things to be, the harder it is to deal with things that do not go your way!”
Already, I can sense resistance!
Having no expectations is one of the greatest lessons we can learn. This is not an easy concept to wrap your mind around.
In my practice, I see this everyday:
The 30 year old female who gives up other interests, activities, and friends, now that she is in this new relationship. She is expecting that each new relationship is “the one.” She feels incomplete without a relationship and she is expecting that he will change into the man she wants him to be.
The 75 year old grandmother, who expects her children and grand children to all be with her on every single holiday.
The 23 year old college grad who expects to have all the computer companies knocking at his door to employ him because he was at the top of his graduating class.
Are you ready to forget about what you think you want, and learn more about the endless possibilities that are available to you?
1. Allow change to happen freely.
2. Let go of old ideas.
3. Embrace new ideas, no matter how different they are from yours.
4. Conflicting thoughts are not a threat. They can be a window of opportunity.
5. Go into EVERY situation with an open mind.
6. Follow a new idea or opportunity where IT leads you, NOT where you want it to go.
7. Take a new situation, one day at a time.
8. Be available mentally, emotionally, spiritually for an approach that may be different than yours.
9. Find the positive in EVERY situation that is presented to you. Why was this situation brought to me?
10. Learn the lesson the Universe is tossing your way.
Progress is not possible unless people embrace new ideas, mind sets, skills and expectations to match the opportunities afforded by the introduction of something new to them!
By allowing yourself to be open to ANYTHING that is new to you and giving it a chance, you can find your life going in the direction of new adventures and endless possibilities!
No Expectations = Endless Possibilities
Try it today!