by Andrew Pacholyk MS L.Ac ~
“Prosperity is not just having things. It is the consciousness that attracts everything. Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just having money or possessions. Remember, poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money.” – Eric Butterworth
1. Prosperity is in your mind’s eye. Another words, it is a state of mind. Most importantly, prosperity is about the emotional view of your life and how you feel about it. This is like a seed that must be planted in order for it to grow. A seed grows into a healthy plant when it is nurtured and cared for. When it is abused, forgotten, neglected and not nourished it will never grow to its full potential. First, you must plant the seed of prosperity in your mind and then you must nourish this with positive thoughts, aggressive action and keep it alive, always!
2. Energy follows thought. We create our own reality. We attract those things in our lives (money, relationships, employment) that we focus on. Focusing on having less, and that is exactly what you will experience. Focusing on having more and this is what we create for ourselves. Program your thoughts to be positive and this energy will follow through.
3. Give up the control. Stop trying to control everything! If you do not realize that not all things are in your control you will be wasting boundless energy worrying about those things you have no control over. You can only do what you can do. A patient once said to me We are not driving the bus. We are passengers in the bus. Have a nice ride!
4. If you are already resisting this thought… you are not trusting of yourself or anyone around you. This includes the Universe! Resistance slows all things. It is up to you to find the free flow in your life. If we can surround ourselves, we can gain great insight, release great stress and learn that vulnerability can be both enlightening and educating. It is time to let go and learn these lessons.
5. Pay attention to what you DO have NOW. Just wanting something isn’t enough, because we still continue to think about what we don’t have. Everyone is brought into this world with great gifts. Realizing what these are, can be found by appreciating what you have right now! Pay attention.
6. Appreciate all your life’s abundance . You will realize just how much prosperity you do have. There is nothing worse than seeing someone who is ungrateful! Of course, it is human nature to want more, but not at the expense of your own happiness. Some people are so caught up in wanting more, they miss out on experiencing the current abundance they have now. Only when this is gone, do they realize what they had…when it is often too late.
7. Get proactive. Since our jobs are our source of financial support, it is important to do your job well. It is even more important to absolutely love what you do. If you do not, you will never give the job the best you can give. If you do not absolutely love what you do, quit! You must do what you love in your life, as we spend the majority of our lives at work… it better be an inspiring combination of pride, creativity and life altering greatness!
8. Find balance. The balance of work, play, family, friends and self are very important in achieving prosperity. They each equal they way we subconsciously honor a prosperous life. The minute one of these are out of balance, we begin a cascading effect of resentment, jealously and anger. Look at each one of these aspects. Are they balanced? If not which one is overwhelming the other? Finding the balance between them will give you a better outlook. Make a “balance sheet” (see Gratitude Journal below).
9. Be open to prosperity: When nothing else seems to be working, just simply try being open to endless possibilities without expectation. The greater you expect things to be, the harder it is to deal with things that do not go your way! Having no expectations is one of the greatest lessons we can learn. By allowing yourself to be open to ANYTHING that is new to you and giving it a chance, you can find your life going in the direction of new adventures and endless possibilities!
10. Our priorities of life. These are unique and individual. They are key to living a prosperous life, therefore, you must start aligning your thoughts, beliefs, feelings, emotions and actions towards greater prosperity.